Once again I am in cahoots with Cherlyn Cochrane from Over a Cup Of Coffee. Last year we, along with several other bloggers answered 31 questions during the month of May. The questions required total honesty so the month was called 31 Days of Blogging Honesty.
We are doing it again this year and hope some of you would like to take part too. Because it involves complete and total honesty there may be many who choose to refrain.
There are rules.
1. You must answer 30 questions.
2. You must place the above graphic on each day’s post.
3. After the 30 days is over, you must complete one of the dares.
4. You must make every effort to reply to any and all comments left on your blog during the 30 Days and the Dare.
5. Everyone must make a concerted effort to visit the blogs of other participants and comment on their responses.
If your blog, like mine, has scheduled features on a particular day, please skip the 30 Days of Blogging Honesty that particular day in order to keep with your blog’s regular schedule. For instance, on the first Saturday of every month I have a guest blogger which means I will continue with my guest post and post the next answer to the 30 Days of blogging Honesty after the guest post. For me, that means I won’t be finished my 30 days until well into the month of May. For others, it might only require the month of April.
You can choose to answer all 30 questions as given. If you find one you are not particularly fond of you can replace it with the alternative question. Keep in mind the alternative question is by design more difficult than the general thirty. You must also let your readers know you have swapped the question, show them what question you are replacing and the reason you don’t like said question.
Objective: To answer a question each day, in complete honesty.
- Day 01 — The one thing that it seems like everyone else on the planet is into but I just cannot stand is…
- Day 02 — Not including food, blogging or television, my most guilty pleasure (this includes chocolate)…
- Day 03 — Regardless of my current status, do I believe a person should save themself for marriage…
- Day 04 — A blogger friend I’ve known for over five years told me she has been blogging anonymously all this time and most of what I know about her is her fantasy. My reaction to the news is…
- Day 05 — This is embarrassing but on average I cause the toilet to overflow about this many times a year because of deposits I made…
- Day 06 — My worst cooking disaster involved _____________ and this person/these people…
- Day 07 — I went to see a psychic, and was given the opportunity to ask three questions – I would ask…
- Day 08 — If I could afford it, the piece of famous artwork you would find in my home is…
- Day 09 — When the cashier gives me this amount of money for change I know it’s too much money to dump in the charity bucket…
- Day 10 — The last time I snooped into something I wasn’t supposed to (like a medicine cabinet in a friend’s bathroom), I found…
- Day 11 — When I’ve had a really bad day the first thing (not person) I reach for is…
- Day 12 — My favorite song to dance and sing to when no one is looking…
- Day 13 — I once got so drunk and lost control and this is what I was told I did and have no reason to doubt it…
- Day 14 — Because my parents never found out, I remember getting away with __________ as a teenager…
- Day 15 — Given the choice between infinite time or infinite money, I would choose…
- Day 16 — I’ve just been granted the power of resurrection but I can only use it to bring back one dead celebrity. I would bring back ________ because…
- Day 17 — There are many mysteries in the universe. If there were one truth I could learn, it would be…
- Day 18 — I would agree or disagree that high school is/was the time of my life… Because…
- Day 19 — The film that best describes how my day-to-day life feels is…
- Day 20 — I’m half naked, cold, tired, hungry, hurt, wet and just washed up on a deserted island. The first things I need to do to survive is…
- Day 21 – The person or persons that do not read my blog but I wish he/she/they would is…
- Day 22 — Allowing another person to fully love me means they must…
- Day 23 — Allowing another person to fully love me means I must…
- Day 24 — Given the choice between having to live the rest of my life without my voice, or living the rest of my life without the ability to hear, I would choose…
- Day 25 — My biggest pet peeve that has nothing to do with blogging, being online, computers or anything else related to the Internet is…
- Day 26 — I would break the law to save a loved one if…
- Day 27 — I have an inner voice, and if a friend spoke to me the way my inner voice does at times, I would…
- Day 28 — If I could do one thing that is socially unacceptable and know I would not be judged, I would…
- Day 29 — My television is showing the same show on every channel. I really don’t mind watching ____________ (from the 1960′s) and I really love this show because…
- Day 30 — One question or subject matter if I were asked here on 30 Days of Blogging Honesty I know I would refuse to answer or definitely lie about is…
- Alternative question: Your daughter tells you she is bringing home her boyfriend for dinner. When they arrive, she introduces you to a man who is not your same race. Sometime during dinner she announces that they have been married for the last six months. What bothers you more? The difference in race or being excluded from the wedding…
After your 30 Days of Blogging Honesty are completed (different blogs will finish at different dates) you must choose one of the dares (will be posted at a later date) to complete and 5 days later post the results of the dare. If you want to be a part of this, you can begin answering the questions right away and remember to schedule them starting April 1st.
Remember, your responses to these questions must be published on your site as a post. One word answers or even single sentence answers are not acceptable and will leave your readers flat with really nothing to comment on. Let me know below, if you would like to take part in this. You can read the question from last year here and you can check out all 30 Days of Blogging Honesty starting with May 1st from last year, here.
The Dare portion of 30 Days of Blogging Honesty will be posted on March 31.
30 Days Of Blogging Honesty Starts Tomorrow!
Y’all ready for this? I dare you to be. Happily I am almost finished all of my responses and all are pre-scheduled. Now I have plenty of time to get ready to create some posts for May. So I guess this is like a mature version of Truth or Dare and the Truth portion starts tomorrow. The Dares commence once all of your 30 responses have finally been posted. The dares are very straight forward and nothing too difficult, nothing vulgar, juvenile or illegal. I guess that means no public nudity (and that’s a good thing believe you, me)! Well for the adventurous and the ones who are kids at heart, I might find one childish dare!
Your choices for dares are below. You only need complete one of the dares but feel free to complete more. You post and description of what dare you did and how it turned out is due five days from the completion date of your thirty questions. Everyone participating will be looking for your dare response. You most certainly do not have to wait until the end of the month to complete your dare(s). You can do it today if you like. You are in charge of your dare! You can use the above graphic for your dare post or not. All dare posts are due no later than five days after your final 30 Day of Blogging Honesty post.
30 Days of Blogging Honesty: The Dare
Write a letter to your 16-year-old self and post it. Detail your journey.
Category: Coulda, Shoulda, Wouldas
Write a letter to someone you owe an apology to but never gave one. It does not have to be a long letter. Just write the letter (not email), send it and then post it for us to see.
Category: Good Eats
Eat completely healthy for an entire day even if it means eating foods you do not care for. Document all failures or start over another day if you mess up.
For a 24 hour period, for every act of kindness given to you, pay it forward to a stranger one better. For example – if a friend buys you a coffee, buy two strangers a cup of coffee. Detail your journey.
For a 24 hour period you must tell the truth in every situation, every question – all day long. Perhaps the most difficult will be not lying to yourself. Detail your journey.
Spend an hour by yourself totally naked even if there are other people in the house but only if you won’t get caught. If you get interrupted you must start over and reset the clock to zero minutes. Detail your journey.
Next Saturday, April 7th my guest blogger will be Cherlyn Cochrane. This will be her second time guesting. If you have a moment why not check out her first guest post and then if you have the time, stop by her blog, Over A Cup Of Coffee!
Day 22 — Allowing another person to fully love me means they must…
My mommy starts her first day at a new job in the morning, so everybody who reads this has automatically wished her luck ❤ Moving on, the questions for Day 22 and 23 were rather difficult. I suppose I should be grateful they were asked on a weekend but this weekend I was MAD busy. I had my LSAT Prep Course this weekend, and it took up quite a long time!
For another person to fully love me, he must
- Know and accept my past. The good parts and the bad parts.
- Understand and at the very least, respect my view of online relationships and the power of online socialization. My first “boyfriend” was online. I made some very strong friendships over the years.
- Allow me my nail polish addiction. I promise not to waste his money on it though!
- I’m clingy. He has to not get irritated or shut me off. I want to be there for him, but I always end up crossing the line and just like….being there too much, if that makes sense? Like if you don’t feel good, talk to me. So if he loves me, he’ll understand my need to sort things out face to face
- Never end an argument with the cold shoulder. If we fight, that’s fine, but no childish arguments that involve us not talking to each other for days.
- Enjoy talking to me on Skype or over the phone. IDK if we don’t text much, but good morning phone calls are the best
- Enjoy cuddling me
- Never try to buy me off with money. I want him, not his money
- Be faithful. Period.
Please take a moment to check out the other wonderful blogs participating in 30 days of Blogging Honesty with me!
- Over a Cup of Coffee (Cherlyn Cochrane)
- Morning Erection (Tom Baker)
- Bannatreasures (Nabila)
- Bleaching Thoughts (Jennifer Miko)
- Crazy Life, Crazy Wife (Nicole)
- Lastcivilizedwoman (Name?)
- My Kaleidoscope
- Everything Love and Lust
- West End Singleton (Aurathena)
- The Past to the Present (Melanie)
- Every Girls’ Corner (Marlize)al
- Walking the Labyrinth (AnonymousBurn)
- Amor Maee Vitae (Caroline)
- PsyKoilogy (Koi)
- The World According to Sylvia Garza (Sylvia Garza)
- Life Of Carbon (Mariana)
- The Way I Live Naturally ((Nenskei)
- Veehcirra (Veeh)
- Princesa’s Anatomy (PM)
- Tempting Sweets: Story Heat
- The Orange Wit (Orange)
- Imaginopia (Terriblethinker)
- Sleep and Salami
- It’s Just Me (Primadonna Zel)
- 30 Days Of Blogging Honesty Starts… Tomorrow! (morningerection.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days Of Blogging Honesty: Day 4 (morningerection.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days Of Blogging Honesty: Day 5 (morningerection.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days Of Blogging Honesty: Day 19 (sinsexlustlove.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days Of Blogging Honesty And One Dare (morningerection.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days Of Blogging Honesty Starts In Two Days! (morningerection.wordpress.com)
- The challenge- 30 days of Blogging Honesty! (mynakedbokkie.com)
- 30 days of blogging honesty ~ Day 11~ My comforter (imaginopia.wordpress.com)
- 30 Days of Blogging Honesty- Day 14 (westendsingleton.wordpress.com)